Telehealth Virtual Appointments
We understand this is a stressful time. To make dermatological services more accessible during this time of social distancing, we are now offering TeleDermatology (TeleDerm) for certain qualified appointments. Using the video conferencing app Zoom for Healthcare, you can meet with a Dermatologist, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner in the comfort and safety of your own home.
How can a virtual appointment help?
On a virtual appointment you can:
- Meet with a Dermatologist, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner
- Refill or get a new prescription if needed
- Receive a dermatologist-prescribed treatment plan
- Find out if you need to be seen at one of our offices for urgent care
- And more
If you would like to meet with a provider, had to cancel an existing appointment, or need a follow-up appointment, please call us today at (973) 571-2121 or fill out a telemedicine appointment form. If you feel your issue is urgent or emergent, we can expedite the scheduling of your appointment.
The process is easy!
Schedule your virtual appointment
Call (973) 571-2121 or fill out a telemedicine appointment form.
Get ready for your appointment
You will receive an email and text notification from us with instructions that you will need to follow to pre-register and confirm your appointment, as well as an email with the link you will need to join your virtual visit. Please follow all instructions and be sure to pre-register for your visit at least 2 hours prior to your appointment.
Meet with your Provider
At your scheduled appointment time, you will join your Provider in their virtual exam room by clicking your Zoom appointment link (https://zoom.us/followed by unique provider name).
Which devices can I use for my virtual appointment?
You may join your appointment using:
- Any PC or laptop with a webcam.
- Any mobile device (such as an iPhone, iPad, Android phone, or tablet). You will be prompted to install the free Zoom app on your mobile device. Please follow your device prompts to install the app. Be sure to click “allow” if your mobile device asks for access to your camera and microphone.
How much do virtual appointments cost?
If your carrier does not waive the copay for this virtual visit, we will bill you directly. However, if you have an outstanding balance when you schedule your virtual visit, you will be asked to pay at that time.
Need more help?
For general instructions on using Zoom, watch this tutorial YouTube video link: https://youtu.be/hIkCmbvAHQQ.