To Our Patients,
The health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority. The Derm Group is following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), state and city health officials as we schedule and care for our patients. We have outlined our procedures below to ensure that you feel safe and comfortable visiting us for your important dermatological care.
We are Here:
- In response to the COVID-19 outbreak we are now offering Telemedicine/Video visits and emergency onsite care at select locations.
- Telemedicine services are currently available for certain qualified appointment visits. Call us at 973.571.2121 to learn more.
- If you are experiencing a fever or COVID-19 virus symptoms or have had contact with others who may be experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please do not come to the office for your appointment. We ask that you call us at 973.571.2121 to reschedule for 2 weeks from now.
Check-In at Our Office:
- All patients are texted or emailed information that allows you to register prior to arriving at our office. It is best to answer all of the questions before you arrive so we can complete the appropriate triage for your visit. As part of the registration process we ask that you complete the questionnaire regarding any travel outside the US or any flu-like symptoms that you may be experiencing. If you indicate “yes” to certain questions, we may call you before your appointment to reschedule or if you present certain answers at the time of the appointment, we may ask to reschedule.
- We are going to ask our patients to limit visitors joining them unless accompanying a minor or for critical transportation, communication or personal care.
- Our staff personnel will not work at our offices if they have any respiratory symptoms, and they will be screened at the start of each workday for fever and sent home if appropriate.
- You will likely see our staff wearing surgical masks. We do not wish to alarm you, rather we want to take every pre-cautionary step to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients and employees.
Cleaning of Our Facility:
- We disinfect each patient room before and after every patient visit. Door knobs, desks, counters, frequently touched areas and equipment are wiped down repeatedly throughout the day. iPads that you use are disinfected after each patient.
- The waiting room is cleaned hourly.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available at check-in and exam rooms, and hand-washing may be done in our exam rooms and bathroom facilities.
We consider our practice to be a safe and welcoming space for those who need our dermatological services during this difficult time.
We will continue to serve you and provide you with our services. The Derm Group is guided by our unwavering mission and long-standing values to care for our patients. We are a community of unlimited strength and resilience. Be well.
Please contact us with any questions.
The Derm Group